The Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Awards recognize, reward and encourage excellence in the work of faculty, staff and students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. Spanning 16 diverse categories, the awards are given to 16-18 recipients each year. Nominations are now made each year in the Fall and the awards will be presented in a ceremony at the AgriLife Conference in January.
To nominate a deserving faculty or staff member, please use the nomination form linked in the appropriate category below. Any faculty, staff and student from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences can submit nominations. There is no limit for the number of nominations that can be submitted from a unit. Nominators are encourage to coordinate with departmental awards committee to avoid duplicate nominations of the same nominee.
(Click on a title to expand and show a description and nomination link)
In order to be eligible for a Dean’s Outstanding Award, nominees:
- Must have some portion of their appointment with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences or have significant demonstrated responsibilities or duties to the College on campus
- Must have been employed for at least 2 years (student awards are exempt from this requirement)
- Must not have won the award for 5 years previously
Selection Process & Award Presentation
Please note the following:
- The COALS Awards Committee will serve as the selection advisory committee.
- There is no limit for number of nominations from individual department/unit.
- The award recipients will be recognized in a ceremony in the spring. They will receive a framed certificate as well as a monetary award of $500 for individuals and a shared $2,000 for the team awards.
Nominations can be submitted using the web-based nomination forms (links are located in each award listing above) with the following materials:
- Required nomination information based on the evaluation rubric
- Curriculum Vitae
- CVs are required for individual nominations
- Attach curriculum vitae, with an emphasis on the information relevant to the award category.
- Team Accomplishments (required for team awards only)
- Attach a document (no more than 2 pages, no smaller than 11 point font), defining the purpose and primary objective(s) of the team and provide a brief summary of the team’s activities, accomplishments and impact of the team’s contributions, recognition, awards, honors and publications.
- Optional Letters of Support/Recommendation
- No more than three signed letters; two-page maximum each
- Letters of support are not required, but greatly enhance the strength of the nomination.
Past Award Recipients
The following link provides the full list of winners in their respective categories.
- Past Award Recipients (PDF)