The Dean’s Outstanding Achievement Awards recognize, reward and encourage excellence in the work of faculty, staff and students in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. There are 15 award categories, and unless otherwise indicated, one recipient may be selected for each category.
To nominate or self-nominate (which is encouraged), please use the nomination form linked in the appropriate category below. Any faculty, staff and student from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences can submit nominations. Nominators are encourage to coordinate with departmental awards committee to avoid duplicate nominations of the same nominee. There is no limit for the number of nominations that can be submitted from a unit.
(Click on a title to expand and show a description and nomination link)
In order to be eligible for a Dean’s Outstanding Award, nominees must have:
- some portion of their appointment with the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences or significant responsibilities or duties to the College on campus
- been employed in the College for at least 2 years (except for student awards)
- not received the award (for the same category) in the last 5 years
To nominate or self-nominate (which is encouraged), please use the nomination form for the appropriate category on this webpage: https://faculty.aglifesciences.tamu.edu/deans-outstanding-achievement-awards/ by Monday, May 23, 2022. In the nomination form:
- Provide information to be responsive to the specific rubric items
- Upload a CV that is no more than 5 pages long and emphasizes information relevant to the award category
- A team (typically no more than 5 members) can also be nominated when appropriate. Attach an additional document (no more than 2 pages), defining the purpose and primary objective(s) of the team and provide a summary of the team’s accomplishments and the impact of the team’s work
- No letter of support is required or to be included in the nomination.
Selection Process & Award Presentation
The COALS Awards Committee will review the nominations and make recommendations to the Dean. The award recipients will be recognized in a ceremony in the Fall. They will receive a framed certificate and a monetary award of $500 for individuals and up to $2,000 for a team award (up to $500 per member).
Past Award Recipients
The following link provides the full list of winners in their respective categories.
- Past Award Recipients (PDF)